- The position holder is responsible for the account management & direct sales responsibility for a range of High Technology Capital Equipment and ancillaries, principally within the UK and Europe.
- You will be responsible for maintaining all existing customers within your territory and have the responsibility of growing revenue year on year as per the company expectations.
SKILLS EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- We are looking for a proven, successful field-based sales background within the semiconductor or scientific technical sales market.
- The ideal candidate would be a graduate or post-graduate in physics, chemistry, engineering or Life Sciences with experience in selling high value technical products to engineers or managers and to universities.
- Experience in the field of photolithography would be an advantage.
- This role is for someone who is looking to move eventually into a managerial position. It involves a career development structure which will lead into a managerial position in the future.
- You must have a background that has focussed on engineering or science.
- You must have the potential to develop into leadership and management roles.
- Desirable to have knowledge & experience in “value selling” techniques.
- Desirable to have strong commercial & sales skills with ability to communicate with customers at all levels.
- Desirable to have a clear understanding of business Profit & Loss with the mentality to generate both revenue & profit.
- You must have the ability to understand customer empathy with desire to meet required expectations.
- You must be capable of working independently using own initiative or be a member of a team.
- You must have the ability to show a structured method of work, planning and executing different workloads.
- You will need to have strong oral & written communication skills with the ability to utilise IT & CRM skills for everyday use.
- Ability to be flexible in day to day duties & willing to stay away overnight as & when required.
- Must have a valid UK driving licence as extensive travel is required.
- Must already have the appropriate documentation to work in the UK.
- You will need to maintain all existing customers within designated responsibility with aim to grow revenue year on year as per company guidelines & expectations.
- You will need to increase system population through pro-active sales activities within new, existing & competitive accounts. You will work to recapitalise existing installed base through pro-active focus on customers with inefficient & obsolete equipment.
- You will be responsible for introducing, promoting & up-selling latest range of equipment to all customers.
- You will need to develop Aftermarket business with the aim to generate territory spare parts revenue stream. You will also be responsible for agreeing and signing preventative maintenance agreements and then organising for them to go active.
- You will be responsible for selling the company equipment and by using the company reputation, succeed in getting customers to change from their existing suppliers.
- You will be required to manage each customer effectively & build appropriate relationships to develop business
- You will need to establish good working relationships with the company’s suppliers based in several countries around the world.
- You will need at attend and set up exhibitions at relevant trade shows and conferences/seminars as well as attend supplier’s training forums in Europe and North America.
- A company car will be provided.
Punctual and reliable
Ability to work without direct supervision and pick up new skills quickly
Positive and proactive attitude
Graduate ideally with a Bachelor or Masters/PhD in engineering, physical sciences, life sciences (or a related discipline)
Ideally minimum 3 years of sales experience
Positive, professional and confident communicator both in-person and on the phone, with concise writing skills
Strong time-management skills, with the ability to balance multiple demands from a high volume of prospects as well as team members
An understanding of the business challenges and technical issues clients face in the engineering and scientific sectors
Determination and a consultative approach to progressing and closing sales over a 6 – 9 month period usually in a competitive sales situation
Salary £35k to £45k plus other benefits