PR & Communications Manager
Salary – £40k per annum
The purpose of this role will be to lead all written content creation for delivery across trade press websites and magazines, presentations, roadshows, conferences, marketing collateral, web, email and social media channels. The role holder will work closely with colleagues, business partners and various specialist agencies to deliver communications excellence throughout the business.
Major Activities and Responsibilities:
- Lead the definition and delivery of the PR and written content strategy and roadmap, working with key stakeholders in Product and Sales to ensure alignment with business objectives
- Champion PR and written content throughout the business, monitoring all written communications to external parties for tone of voice, spelling, punctuation and grammar, ensuring that all stakeholders understand the benefits it can bring
- Measure and report performance of all PR related activity and assess against agreed goals (ROI and KPIs) making recommendations for subsequent activity and budgets
- Lead the written brand style, establishing tone of voice and language guidelines for clear, consistent communications
- Lead on the written content of external communications, ensuring clear, timely and compliant messaging
- Own any PR or copywriting agency relationships, ensuring service quality and value for money in all supplier engagements
- Manage all day-to-day mortgage trade media journalist relationships, ensuring that the company is ‘always on’ and available for comment on all relevant topics
- Monitor competitor commentary, plus any relevant market themes, in order to quickly respond to any opportunity to contribute thought leadership and build our brand voice
- Own the day-to-day management of the PR budget, ensuring all expenditure is managed in accordance with the agreed governance structure
- Work with the CEO and the HR team in the creation of internal communications via intranet etc.
Skills and Experience Required (or desired):
- The ideal candidate for this role will have a broad skill set across written content creation, including press releases, blogs/articles, marketing material, emails, letters and scripts for conference speeches, sales presentations and videos. Primarily, the candidate must be able to create compelling messages that attract the attention, respect and business of mortgage intermediaries
- Several years’ experience of writing for a mortgage intermediary audience is essential for this role – and some experience of managing press relationships is required.
- Knowledge of the various marketing tools used across digital and print channels would also be useful.
- This role requires influencing and negotiating skills, with a deep understanding of how marketing adds value to a business, enabling the role holder to promote their business offerings to ensure an understanding and support from the whole company, including the sales team.
- Candidates for this role will be expected to hold professional marketing/PR qualifications.