Weekend Shift Engineer
Coventry, United Kingdom
£30k-£35k per annum
Shift pattern – Friday to Monday working 7am to 5pm
My client are a large independent manufacturer and supplier of meat products to the foodservice market, whilst also supplying the retail sector who require a Weekend Shift Engineer to join their established team based in Coventry.
The successful candidates must have an electrical background in prevention and maintenance within the food/manufacturing processing industry and ideally have been through the apprenticeship process.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Carry out work assignments issued by Manager and maximize effectiveness of the shift at all times by ensuring efficient completion of tasks.
- Work with other functions as part of the manufacturing team to ensure efficient running of the equipment and carry out prioritized work as agreed.
- Compliance with Company policies, procedures and regulations (e.g. attendance, quality, safety, GMP’s, etc.) and ensure these are followed to maintain the required standards (e.g. Food Safety, PPE etc.).
- Resolve electrical problems in a timely fashion
- Order spare parts as required on shift if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as required in order to resolve problems on shift.
- This list is not exhaustive.
- Previous food processing industry experience
- Electrical experience: electrical qualifications/time served apprenticeship.
- Experience of working in an automated production environment.
- A good standard of both written and oral English
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Basic Health & Safety
- Data and analytical skills
Keywords:- PLC, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control ,instrumentation, welding, FLT license, Engineering, Electrical Engineer, Food Manufacturing, Shift Engineer