Our client, based in Brighton, is currently seeking a Citrix Project Engineer to join their team on a contract basis. There is an immediate start of this role.
They are seeking someone who has:
- Subject matter expert in Virtualization Technologies.
- Experience delivering system designs, new infrastructure projects, system migrations, and service improvement to existing infrastructures
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 5 & 6, 6.5, 7+
- Citrix Provisioning Services 6+
- MS Windows Server 2003 – 2016
- Active Directory and Core Windows Server Skills
- VMware and XenServer – build / management of large scale environments
- Medium to Large Scale Design and Implementation Projects
- Application Virtualization – Microsoft App-V 4-5, Citrix Application Packaging
- Citrix Web Interface and Citrix StoreFront – installation / management etc.
- Monitoring & reporting toolsets – Edgesight
- Ability to take ownership of technical issues and see them through to resolution
- Extensive project delivery and 3rd line technical support experience (5 years min)
- Wide knowledge of toolsets and techniques to measure performance and enhance the user experience
- Customer facing and willing to travel
- Strong Technical Documentation skill – to produce LLDs and HLDs for Design and Implementation work.
- Excellent organisational skills
- At least 3 years experience in a fast paced, dynamic IT environment
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office Applications
- A proven track record of taking project specific activities from start to finish
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication, internally and externally
- Good customer care skills
- Effective problem resolution skills
- Ability to produce high quality documentation for use internally and externally
- Ability to achieve targets as agreed by your manager
- Willingness to work flexibly and at other locations as and when required
|Desirable Skills/Experience /Qualifications
- Citrix Certified Administrator
- Citrix Certified Professional
- Citrix Certified Expert
- Citrix NetScaler Certification
- Microsoft Windows Server – Core Skills
- VMWare vSphere
- Ability to design, build, and support Citrix Farms of varying sizes.
- Ability to work effectively with support analysts within IT Services on escalations.
- Project Management Experience
- Experience of legacy editions ie. Citrix Presentation Server 4
- Solid understanding of Networking Terminology and conventions
|• Good standard of general education
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels
• Ability to produce high quality written documentation
• Ability to work as part of a distributed team
• Good interpersonal skills and effective communication, internally and externally
• Effective problem resolution skills
• Ability to produce high quality documentation for use internally and externally
• Ability to achieve targets as agreed by your manager
• Willingness to work flexibly and at other locations as and when required