Agenda Partnership are currently recruiting an experienced Charge Hand to be situated in the Stirling, Glasgow area, we are looking for an experienced individual who is looking to join a growing Engineering company. Ideally you ill have a strong automotive knowledge from HGV to Van.
- To oversee workshop activities during relevant shift.
- To oversee all repairs performed by team and ensure statutory compliance.
- To ensure the workshop provides cost effective maintenance for the group.
- To ensure that all service documentation and job cards are accurately completed in a timely manner.
- To liaise with customers as appropriate
- To promote a good health and safety culture, and ensure best practice is implemented and adhered to.
- Liaise with Workshop Foreman and other staff to ensure smooth running of the workshop
- Log all reported breakdowns and defects
- Oversee productivity and efficiency of shift, and ensure vehicle downtime is minimised
- Allocation of maintenance tasks to team members (including self), and supervision of work to ensure it is to required standard.
- Provide assistance in diagnosis of faults as required
- Order parts from approved suppliers as required / liaise with Parts Supervisor, and ensure delivery paperwork identifies which vehicle parts are for.
- Keep track of teams progress on jobs and ensure all parts and labour are accounted for on jobcards at end of shift – all jobcards to be collected in and reviewed daily.
- Ensure all team’s service paperwork is signed, dated and reviewed on completion of job.
- Ensure variances from standard job times are communicated to Workshop Foreman and discussed with the appropriate fitter.
- Ensure all outstanding repairs are complete before releasing vehicles
- Liaise with customers to ensure customer service is optimised
- Ensure smooth change over between shifts, with all relevant information communicated re the status of repairs
- Carry out fitter workmanship quality control audits on a regular basis
- Provide on the job training and coaching for team as required
- Advise Foreman of any external training needs identified for self / team members
- Assist in the assessment of risks involved in tasks and the implementation of procedures designed to keep the risks involves as low as reasonably practical.
- Ensure repairs performed are done in accordance with procedure – responsibility is not limited to own shift workers
- Ensure workshops are kept as clean and tidy as practical, and that vehicles are handed back in acceptable condition
- Ensure defective / damages equipment is identified, reported and segregated for repair in a timely manner
- Assist in any disciplinary investigations
- Ensure that relevant PPE is used at all times to reduce the chance of injury
- Complete accident book as required and record Health and Safety ‘near misses’ which may require review
This will be on a day/back shift rotation with an hourly rate between £15.70 and £15.92 per hour.
An immediate start is preferred however the client can be flexible with notice periods ect.
If you feel you have the relevant experience please apply and Joanne at Agenda Partnership will be in contact asap.